Cromarty Brewing Co is a family run brewery based in the stunning Scottish Highlands and has been operating with steady growth for 8 years.
We’re looking for an experienced brewer who is ambitious and keen to help progress the brewery to the next level. Someone who is passionate about brewing technology, dedicated to making great beer and mad keen to join our elite team. Experience in all areas of production and packaging from a similar sized brewery is preferable. Dependable and reliable are a must for working in our small team and the successful applicant must be adaptable to a variety of different jobs throughout the working week.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the efficient day to day running of brewery operations and scheduling future production
• Brewing on our 3 vessel brewhouse
• Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities, yeast cropping and dry hopping
• Yeast handling and analysis
• QC work – pH, CO2, DO, micro, etc
• Centrifugation & Carbonation
• Packaging (Casks, Kegs, Bottles and Cans)
• CIP (brewhouse, vessels, packaging)
• Joining with our current team on recipe development
Required experience and abilities, but are not limited to:
· Ideally the candidate will possess relevant brewing qualifications from internationally recognized industry groups i.e.; Heriot-Watt University’s ICBD, IBD, Siebel, VLB, or UC Davis, and qualifications in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or Food Science/Technology.
· At least 3 years high level experience working at a craft brewery, w/ examples of successes in a leadership role.
· Ability to work in a fast pace, constantly changing work environment
· Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
· Hard working and self-motivated
· Physical requirements: Our Brewers must be able to bend, twist, kneel, stand for the duration of a shift and lift 25kg and manoeuvre 60kg. Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
Applicants may be asked to carry out a day’s work as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary to be arranged based on experience.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter with the subject line: Brewer: [Your Name] to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please include;
• Why you think you’d be a good fit at Cromarty brewing
• One fun fact about yourself
• What you like to do outside of brewing