Job available – Head Brewer
Cromarty Brewing Co is a family run brewery based in the stunning Scottish Highlands and has been operating for 5 years.
We’re looking for an experienced brewer who is ambitious and keen to help progress the brewery to the next level. Someone who is passionate about brewing technology, dedicated to making great beer and mad keen to join our elite team. Ideally someone with experience in all areas of production and packaging from a similar sized brewery is preferable.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the efficient day to day running of brewery operations and scheduling future production
- Brewing on our 16hl brewhouse
- Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities, yeast cropping and dry hopping
- Yeast handling and analysis
- QC work – micro, pH, CO2, DO etc
- Filtration on horizontal leaf DE & Carbonation
- Packaging (mainly kegs and bottles)
- CIP (brewhouse, vessels, packaging)
- Assisting with brewery expansion plans
- Joining with our current team on recipe development
Required experience and abilities, but are not limited
- Ideally the candidate will possess relevant brewing qualifications from internationally recognized industry groups i.e.;Heriot-Watt University’s ICBD, IBD, Siebel, VLB, or UC Davis, and qualifications in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or Food Science/Technology.
- At least 3 years high level experience working at a craft brewery
- Ability to work in a fast pace, constantly changing work environment
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Physical requirements: Our Brewers must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, stand for the duration of a shift and lift 25kg and maneuver 60kg. Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
Applicants may be asked to carry out a day’s work as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary to be arranged based on experience.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter with the subject line: Brewer: [Your Name] to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please include;
- Why you think you’d be a good fit at Cromarty brewing
- One fun fact about yourself
- What you like to do outside of brewing